Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Move

So, it is now official. After months of feeling that it would never happen, and not taking it seriously. We have moved my office to The Gray's house. I woke up bright and early, got showered, woke Wy up and headed over to the office at 8 am. When we showed up the moving truck and Jenn and Kirk were already there. The movers had our offices packed up pretty quick and we were off. It was weird to stand in my empty office and a part of me was sad. I think I will miss everyone stopping in to see us (well we all know they are coming to see wyatt) and going to the office to chat with Wy's favorite Audrey! We have a cubicle, because I will be making stops in the office and maybe even having to do some work too. And it will be super weird not to see Matt that often. Wyatt just loves him! And now he'll have to find new lunch buddies! But my office furniture looks great, it's all set up nice. There are windows everywhere, so no more dark office and Wyatt will actually have room to play and actually see the sun during the day! I think it will be quite the adjustment, but it should work out just fine.

Everything else is pretty good. I am starting to train for The Race for the Cure which is coming up in April. Jenn (not boss, this always confuses my family) and I went running yesterday and holy %&#@! I guess I didn't do as bad as I thought I was going to do, but I will be more excited when it becomes a lot easier. Wyatt really enjoys going out though. He is silent the whole time and just looks all around. He's so cute. I am looking into a jogging stroller because I AM going to become a runner. I know everyone always says that, but it is seriously something I have always wanted to do. So I'm doing it! I really like the Jeep brand, but I am going to keep looking at all my options. I'm pretty excited about it.

My house still has some work to be done. Sometimes I feel like such a slacker, but after my long days and sometimes not getting home until after 6, working on my place is the LAST thing that I want to do. But it will get done. Because I'm starting to really get tired of it not being COMPLETELY done. But it's getting there...

Wyatt is getting funnier and funnier by the day. He just cracks me up! He loves to attack my face with kisses, it's the best thing!



New things about Wyatt:

He now has TWO teeth!

He has started to stand on his own randomly.

He thinks it's funny when I chase him.

He laughs all the time!

When he gets hurt he does not want to be cuddled, just held.

He sleeps on his tummy with his bum in the air at all times!

He loves looking at himself in the mirror. I assume he's pretty excited about what a handsome little guy he is.

His hair is getting longer, and when wet or has gel in it is super curly!

He loves pickles and mustard.

He hates changing his clothes. Sometimes I have to make a game out of it.

He LOVES his baths! He hears that water and he comes a crawlin!

I wish my life was more exciting for everyone else to read about, but it really isn't. Today Drew had his birthday party with his friends and I got a glimpse of what a birthday party for Wyatt in the future will look like... wow... chaos! But it was fun and Andrea did a good job with all his pirate stuff. It was really cute! I even got a skull and cross bones tattoo!

So this is a super long post, sorry! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Loves



8 comments:

  1. Ash, I love the updates. FYI I learned in child psych that babies don't realize it is themselves in the mirror until they are 18 mos. They think they are looking at another baby! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your life is very exciting! Why must we all get caught up in re-defining what exciting is? I do it to. If we were all gator wrestlers or travel guides or famous actresses, I bet we would long for the lives we currently have.

    Love the long post, love the Wyatt pics...love your exciting life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh- how are you? Your little boy is the cutest thing in the world! I loved reading your blog! Your place looks great! I love doing remodeling stuff, ut my husband is not the handiest! haha! WEll- keep in touch!
    Love
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cam sleeps with his bum in the air too....still! And he doesn't like to be cuddled when hurt either (he smacked his head on the window today, so this information is fresh!). Such a cutie kiddo you have! I'm glad I got to see you guys today! Your blog is fun, I promise! But I know how you feel about feeling like it's boring to read....that's how I feel cuz I'm usually just home babysitting all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I was logged on under Nate! Sorry! I'm sure you figured it out though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wyatt is so cute and sounds like such a character. I'm hoping to make it out to Utah this summer so maybe Isaac and Wyatt can get acquainted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your life is interesting girl...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sad to think you're not right next door. Wyatt is too cute...heck look at his Mom and you'll understand why he is.

    ReplyDelete