Monday, March 17, 2008

Wyatt's Room

So I've FINALLY decided on a theme for Wyatt's room. It is going to be a cowboy theme. I got the idea off of someone else's blog that was sport themed, but they had awesome black and white photos of old sports legends... so I'm going to do the same with cowboys... here are a few posters that I found. I think they are awesome!
Wyatt Earp
(Obviously have to have this!)
John Wayne

John Wayne... He's so handsome!

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid

The Magnificent Seven


His walls will basically be a tan color with that cool technique where it looks suede! And I'll incorporate some red in there somehow and some browns. I was thinking to buy some of those vinyl stars; like the ones that will be on his name board; in red to put around the room.... I'm really excited about this! It will be fun. I think the bedding will be the hardest to find. All the cowboy stuff is too... not me I guess. But I'm super super excited about it! I hope that I can start to paint pretty soon. I keep searching the internet for stuff that I can do. It's going to be awesome.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I can't see what you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'll be so cute! Can't wait to see it! You should find a cute red rocking horse for his room....every cowboy needs a horse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley that sounds like it will be so cute!! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this cute cowboy room on HGTV - they took some rope, and made a border of loop-dee-loops around the top of the walls. Totally cute.

    And plus, you know I love me a good cowboy.

    I think you should find a good picture of Gary Cooper (old time movie star, for you young'uns). when he was younger. He was SOOO HOT!!! Like this:

    http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?aid=454705&apnum=307377&DestType=7&Referrer%20=http://themave.com/Cooper/ccorner.htm

    or this (except we'd totally have to photoshop the cigarette out of his gob):

    http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?aid=454705&apnum=307368&DestType=7&Referrer%20=http://themave.com/Cooper/ccorner.htm

    Woot woot for the longest comment ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Lynette those are great! I really like the first one. I don't know how I missed him before on that site. I found some more great pictures so I think one of his walls is going to be all these pictures in different sizes and some on shelves and some just on the walls. I saw a really cute wall that was done that way with pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ash that is going to be so cute. I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take Butch and the Sundance kid.... hello

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley - multi"fucional" thinks your blog is likable. Your work here is done.

    Stupid spanglish spam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. This post is likable. Me talk pretty one day.

    I love the posters! And I agree, find a rocking horse! That's a great idea. Maybe you can find bedding that is stars or something, not necessarily cowboy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I just remembered that I have some pretty good pictures of some horses. We could print them out in black and white or sepia, and you could frame them for your shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Target has some cowboysish bedding right now that is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete