Sunday, June 3, 2012

Monsters, Green Monsters

These monsters don't live under your bed or in your closet. I'm not really sure why they are called monsters, but they are. Maybe to some people they are terrifying.

They are all the rage and I'm pretty sure there are a million blogs, books, articles and whatnots about these little monsters.

For the past week I have been thinking that I need to give them a try. My diet is probably horrendous and this is a definite step in the right direction. I have a hard time eating breakfast in the morning as well and this seems like an easy solution to my problem. Today while I was with one of my sisters she mentioned wanting to give them a try and it went from there. I bought a few ingredients to try out, she sent me some information and that was that. I made mine not to long ago for the morning and it is super good. The color is questionable and isn't as beautiful as the one pictured above, but it will do.

I used spinach, 1 banana, handful organic frozen strawberries, handful organic frozen raspberries and chia seeds.

And here is how I put it all together. (It's definitely NOT brain surgery)

8 - 10 oz water
2 handfuls spinach
1/4 tsp chia seeds (These are a personal preference)

Blend well together.
I then added the banana, blended, then the frozen berries.
If you use fresh berries you will need to use ice. 

And that's it! Super easy.

There are some great recipes that I will be trying out. This one seems to be pretty standard. They say you can add sweeteners like Stevia or agave nectar but I think it is plenty sweet without.

I'm excited to see how it impacts my over all health and now maybe all my work outs will start actually showing.

Give em a try and let me know what you think! 




5 comments:

  1. Green Monsters are my all time fav! I like to add a scoop of vanilla protein and sometimes a TBS of Adams organic peanut butter. Switches things up a bit.

    Love you, Ash! Let's hit the gym together soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a good protein you use? I hate looking for protein powder, there are 9 million out there and I never know which one will be best. I have some Isagenix vanilla powder that I'm sure I could use. And I have Adams pb too, I'll have to give it a try.

    We should have a designated gym day when we get together.... ya? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!!!! The BEST protein in the world! I am so picky when it comes to the taste and even more important, the texture! I will text you the deets. AND we can plan a gym day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACTUALLY, I just posted on the topic. haha. You aren't the first to ask. So, it's easier this way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a green monster every morning. I have never tried Jenn's protein that she uses. I used to use a Champion Whey protein, but have switched to the Fitmixer protein for the boot camp. I like both of them :)

    ReplyDelete