Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My place

My place is just about there! I got my blind today that I ordered from blinds.com (way cool) and I installed it! I have painted my laundry room and the base boards, but when I went to cut them realized that the miter box is too small for the size of baseboards I have. So that makes yet another trip to home depot to get a bigger one. Just a minor set back, especially when I was all geared and ready to go! Oh well right? I'm still smiling because it's all coming together after all my procrastination. And I actually like that I'm learning to be quite the handy lady! My future husband will be super impressed I'm sure of it!

Here are my blinds... beautiful I know! I love how fresh it makes my kitchen look, the pic is dark so you can't really tell, but whatever. I'm over it!


I love how this side has a corner cabinet! I think it finishes it off nicely and it's a good place for the soap and scrubbers.



Just a different angle with my blinds in it!


These are my track lights, the brown covers look cool with my cabinets. I still need to finish sanding the ceiling, touching it up and then finally get it painted. I'm not too excited about this job because I have to sand... which means dirty kitchen. But it's going to look nice when it's done. This used to be two flourecent lights with those ugly plastic covers. We took all that down and had it rounded off which I believe is called "bull nose". Fancy yes I know.


Aren't the appliances awesome! Well not the fridge, but hopefully sooner rather than later the fridge will match everything else as well. But it's just fine for now. So there it is! I know i've been asked to post some pictures. I'll be super happy when I get my baseboards put up so that I no longer have my washer and dryer in my front room!

7 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome Ashley! I think blinds make a big difference, I remember how excited I was when we got new blinds in our kitchen! I love the color of your cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - and you are such a handy little lady. How 'bout you come wire my basement? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your kitchen is gorgeous! Good job Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, did Candice Olsen come over and do your kitchen? It's intedible! Good work Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy crap ashley that looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your kitchen and I'm amazed that you hung blinds! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete