Friday, August 1, 2008

things are looking up!

I am sitting here trying to figure out where July went. Honestly I can't believe it is already AUGUST! On the 24th Wyatt and I went up Millcreek canyon with Jenn and Shaun to roast hot dogs and have some smores! It was so pretty up there and we had a good time. Wyatt would only eat his hot dog pieces if they were covered in mustard. He's a smart boy! Below is a picture of his mustard/chocolate coated face. I don't think he was too thrilled about being stuck in the play pen and his seat the whole night, but I wasn't taking any chances! He's all over the place and I didn't want to have any major accidents!

Tonight I went to watch Andrea's kids while she and Steve went to dinner. They were so fun to be with, I just love them. We were outside doing the swing and Andrew wanted a turn. Ella was hesitant about giving up her time in the swing until I told her that if we can't share the swing then no one will get a treat. I went to push her one more time and she grabbed my hands and said "Now let me think about this for a minute" It was so cute, she decided that the right thing to do was to give Andrew his turn AND to get a treat obviously. But it spared major drama!

I was able to get Wyatt to wear his hat for about 5 minutes! It's a record so far. He's such a little stud. The new things that I love about Wyatt are 1) He gives kisses now! He held out for a long time, but finally gave in! 2) He is all about giving his momma hugs 3) His talking! He raises his hand up in the air kinda like he's giving a lesson or something. It's really cute.

I've been working really hard to not give in to Wyatt so much. He is SUCH a momma's boy. I didn't realize how bad it really was! The more that I stop and think about whether or not he REALLY needs me, the more I realize how tight this kid has me around his finger! It's amazing really. At work he watches my every move. For a few days my boss and I had a routine with him. I would basically ignore him unless we were having lunch or I was putting him down for a nap. If he would cry or fuss, she would go over and see what was wrong. 98% of the time he would stop fussing and continue to play. The other 2% of the time he was hungry or tired. It has been amazing to see the change in such a small time. It's definitely something we are still working on. Now he screams at the top of his lungs if I ignore his whines, and after a few minutes of screaming he'll stop and continue whatever he was doing. So needless to say he's doing better, and the gym day care has also improved. Each day I work out a little longer and they have yet to come and get me! So yay! He still cries a bit, but he's learning. And hopefully he's not tricking me this week!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the hat! He is such a stud! I loved the screaming stage! Just keep ignoring him- that's the best thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're creating some success, there in baby-training land. Congrats! Mommyhood sounds like hard work. Someone needs to push you on a swing AND get you a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Isn't it the best feeling when we see progress!! This is one of the hardest stages...but you're well on your way. Just be patient and expect for set backs...it's all going to be ok.

    Trust me...Grayson is doing it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously that's the cutest picture! what a cheeseball!

    ReplyDelete