Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Food for thought...

Have you ever walked out of a grocery store feeling like you just made the worst purchase of your life? Like you wanted to turn around walk back into the store and just tell them you've changed your mind?


In my "time of the month" state of mind (tmi but get over it), I feel that way right now. I'm halfway surprised that I didn't walk out of there with a case of beer. I got in my car, looked down at my purchase and was embarrassed. I'm so glad that I didn't run into someone I knew. And No I am not being dramatic. I even went in the self check out lane! For instance beef jerky, honestly who just buys beef jerky? And totinos pizza, who's only purpose is for a midnight snack. I'm not even going to mention the other things that made their way into my basket. From now on I am going to prohibit myself from making any food purchases in the future during this time.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha...oh ash, we've all been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beef Jerky and frozen pizza are Nate's favorite splurge purchases! I think ALL of us walk out of the store with a few more things than were on our list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much don't purchase much of anything that isn't so good for me, I feel guilty if I do it...but it does happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, grocery shopping when your hormones control your purchases is always difficult to deal with. I've learned to avoid the grocery store during such times, and go, instead, to the liquor store.

    Do you smoke? Your nicotine advice brought out the ex-smoker in me, and I was sooooo tempted. I resisted, but once an addict, always an addict. ;-p

    ReplyDelete