Saturday, July 21, 2007

"HOLY FREAKING COW ASHLEY!!"


So... okay. So my story is out for the most part. I've been a little pre-occupied with this cute little guy that I haven't had a chance to get on and "blog" about what's going on. Which I know is what most of you have been waiting for. However, Wyatt is not much of a scandal as most would think. And some would think "how in the heck would she not know she's pregnant" which I used to think that about people all the time! And pretty much made fun of them for it. But now I know. But you would think after 3 negative pregnancy tests you wouldn't have anything to worry about. What I did worry about was what was going on with my body. I gained weight, the period stopped, blah blah blah all of which was not unusual for me. I thought that I've had everything under the sun from my kidneys to cysts and such. Every symptom I had was explained away by what I thought I was suffering from. So there's that little tid bit of information. You can all go ahead and make whatever judgements you want.
As for July 12, 2007...
I was pretty restless during the night, got up to use the restroom a lot and so forth. Around 5 am (little did I know) was the start of this long and totally crazy day! I got up used the rest room and jumped for joy thinking that after a long awaited time I was finally starting my period. The cramps were mild but getting stronger. Around 6 the pain was getting pretty bad. I even woke Peter up to give me a blessing because I thought I was dying! Which as the good brother he is, he got up and helped me out. But things continued to get worse, and finally I knew I had to go to the ER. The pain was unbearable and I was freaking Peter out pretty good. My mom, peter and I arrived at the hospital I think around 10... It was all a blur at this point. I checked in and then waited to be taken to a room all while the "cramps" at this point have pretty much taken everything out of me and I wanted to just pass out. And almost did :) And at this point they found me a room. Took my blood, asked some questions and then hooked me up to some morphine! After awhile the doctor came back with the big news that I was pregnant and at that moment I didn't really know what to think. Mainly freaked out that I hadn't gone to see a doctor. They started talking about what they thought was wrong, which I think they mainly thought was a tubal pregnancy and then a bunch of other things I couldn't understand because I was so doped up on morphine. So after a few times of trying to locate the baby they finally found him...all 36 weeks of him. But don't worry that they didn't tell me what I was having. After they found him things calmed down a little and they rushed me up to labor and delivery. And I distinctly remember my nurse saying "Ashley you don't need to worry, you probably won't be having a baby today they just need to check you out to make sure things are okay"... Boy was she wrong! We get up there and the nurse checks me out and lo and behold I have dilated to a 9 1/2 all by myself! All that pain... contractions. Not just the worst cramps of my life! Then the room was filled with nurses asking me questions, hooking me up to iv's to get rid of the morphine running through my system, and giving me my epidural (which is totally not bad at all), and I met my doctor. She was so great and so nice! Then we waited and my family started to arrive. I felt so stupid and ashamed that I really didn't want to see my family at all. I had no idea how my sisters and everyone else would react. But hello...this is my family we are talking about. I don't think I've ever felt more support in my whole life! They were all so excited about the baby coming that it was just a great experience. My water finally broke on it's own and I started pushing around 4:30 and my beautiful boy Wyatt Sargent arrived at 4:57. He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 21 inches. It was really quite amazing and I don't think I could ever explain how it feels. And now I'm a mom... just saying it is so crazy.
So there is the story! :)

6 comments:

  1. Holy freaking cow is right, little lady! I love little Wyatt. I know you will be a great mom (your mom is numbered among one of my faves, so how can you go wrong?), and Wyatt will bring you lots of joy in the years to come.

    And P.S. - what a tough broad you are! Labor pains and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No judgements here. Congrats to you Ash! I can't wait to see you both!

    So where does the name Wyatt come from?

    And yes, you do have the most amazingly supportive fam. I love the Gibbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Wyatt is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for Wyatt goes he is a beautiful baby and Ashley is an amazing mom. That day will be a day to remember, it was so much fun to go from no baby to Holy Cow BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want Wyatt and Ashley to live at my house forever! It's so fun to have a sweet baby around, and I can give him back when he cries! But Ash, I thought he weighed 7 lbs 12 oz. Right? Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys are sweet. *tears* um... hi my baby did weight 7' 12". someone must have changed my blog. jerks.

    ReplyDelete