Sunday, June 15, 2008

my child... such a nerd.

As a mother (and a single one at that) you always imagine that you're child's first word(s) will have something to do with how wonderfully amazing you are, right? Like "love momma" or "mommy amazing" ha ha But no... this is not the way it has turned out. Yes Wyatt is only 11 months and he's done the whole mamamamamama babble and thrown in the dadadadadada stuff as well. But that's just easy to say. And I know that what happened tonight was just one of those "freak" accidents, at least we can hope.

*Drumroll*

Wyatt: "Hi, dad"... Oh yes, clear as day! The words weren't all jumbled together, it sounded like it was coming from a two year olds mouth! I went to a bbq tonight with a bunch of my guy friends. We were all sitting around talking (I was mainly listening and nodding, boys talk about the weirdest things and they gossip like old ladies!) and wyatt pipes up with a big ol "Hi, dad". I mean seriously. Where did he pull that one out of? The whole conversation stopped and we all looked at each other for a minute and then just busted up laughing, as did he. Which he should! What a jokester he is! If he only knew... It was so funny.

I pretty much love just about every minute with this kid. I feel like every day he is happier and happier. Which makes my job so much easier!

Anyway, I am in need of some serious bed time! I just wrote two paragraphs and then deleted them. I started to get all sappy in a "I'm so tired i could puke right now" kinda way. And no one needs that. It isn't the best blog reading material, and my ratings have dropped as it is! So in the words of the girl at the beans and brew drive thru... "Peace out"*

*Crazy hippie

3 comments:

  1. Awwh! That's the cutest thing ever. He sounds like a little beam of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!!!!!!! What a character!

    Bring him over here and take a nap. Mom will watch him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! What a cute little guy.

    ReplyDelete