Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Beast...

Let me just start this out with a little disclaimer. I love dogs... big, small, medium. I love them. I plan on having one once Wyatt is a little older. I have always been a dog person, minus the ups and downs that I have had with my mothers dog. Fini is a queen and must be treated as such. Whatever.

So, about a month ago I was at work and taking my garbage out. Like the good person I am, and for some reason I had her son come out to help me. They have a german shephard named Jack, who is a little more aggressive, but I've always been able to handle him. Well on this particular occassion we go through the garage because the cans are in the backyard right out the garage door. So we go out, I toss the garbage and the next thing I know Jack is trying to eat me and in my attempt to get into the garage he BITES my BUTT. Yes.. he got me, no blood or anything, but he got me. If Weston wasn't out there to sort of pull him back (Jack is pretty much as big as Weston) things would have been a lot worse I fear.

Which brings us to this next situation. I get to work yesterday morning when I am told that my boss and her family are going on a very last minute trip to San Diego. So we are getting things prepared and one of the things on the list was to "Get Jack to like Ashley". HA right. So we get some treats, go outside and BAM! It happens again! Jenn grabbed him and I was able to get back into the house with minor injury**. So she's freaking out and her husband comes up and goes outside, grabs him and pulls him by me. Jack is TERRIFIED of Kirk. So then all three of us go outside and it's okay, then Kirk turns around to go back inside and Jack makes a break for me. ARE YOU KIDDING? This dog does NOT like me. For what reason I'm not really sure. Maybe I'm in his "territory" and being that he sees me 5 days a week in the house just isn't enough for him to get over it.

So for the next 5 days, I have to figure out how to feed this beast and get him water WITHOUT getting eaten. You unlock the backdoor and his ears perk up and he's there in no time flat. I'm thinking of ways to get it done and hopefully I'm successful in doing so.

** He barely got me, I have a bruise kinda on my hip and a mark and the shirt I was wearing is no longer. But at least I got a new shirt out of it right?

4 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

    The dog BIT YOUR BUTT? Oh man. That's hysterical. Perhaps you should employ one of your other lovely sisters to feed the mutt.

    I heart doggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laugh all you want sister! He left a mark! I'm not employing anyone... I don't want him to go nuts on someone else and then have no one there to control him. I have come up with quite the routine to feed him. I'll have to draw a diagram or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you keep your butt in tact! Good luck! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe he'll like you after you feed him for five days. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete