Thursday, June 19, 2008

How can you tell?

So, I hate dating. I think it's the worst thing in america. I don't understand why you can't just be like "Hey you, I like you" and they say "Ya, I like you too" and then you just get married. I don't see what the problem with that would be. Honestly!

Okay, so I do see what the problem with that would me. The divorce rate would be even higher than it is now. But really why does it have to be so hard? Do I make it hard? And how can you really tell a guy is into you and for all the right reasons? I am such an impatient person when it comes to this kind of thing. Especially if I like the other person. I don't want to be too over bearing, say stupid things that girls say; which CLEARLY I've already done. "Dont Hate" is all he had to say to my stupid girl text! *sigh*

So all you smug marrieds out there well and single ladies that have more of a life than I do. How can you tell if he's into you? And how do I not read into every stupid thing he says to me? I'm going crazy as you can tell. This is the sort of thing that makes me want to pull my hair out!

Help?!

Even if you don't really know who I am and are just a passer by, or a blog stalker, or a friend of a friend... Your advice is welcomed!

7 comments:

  1. oh dating- I am so glad that I don't have to do that anymore! I heard the book- "he's just not into you" is actually really good! It seems like guys are so complicated, but most of them really aren't. They are simple creatures! Thank goodness becasue girls make things so difficult! good luck with that! When you find the right one- it won't be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a HORRIBLE dating story that I can tell you in person if you want....basically I was an idiot and didn't listen to my own head & heart!!
    But with Nate...it was just EASY. I didn't have to do any of the work. After our first date, he emailed me and asked me if I wanted to go out again. He just kept making plans and I just sat back and was like "Wow...this is SO easy!" I remember I knew I was going to marry him when I had the thought "This guy is awesome, there is NO reason that we will be breaking up, ever." There were NO red flags, nothing about him bugged me or made me nervous. After every date, I just wanted to see him more and more. I think when you've met the right guy, things just work. There are no tears, no worrying, no trying to analyze the relationship. Does this make sense? Honestly, if a guy is into you, he's going to keep things going. If he's being all weird and NOT acting like you are the best thing that's ever happened, then just get away. I dated a few guys who also were dating people at the SAME TIME as me....NOT COOL. They didn't know what they wanted. Guys like that just break your heart...trust me! Obviously I could go on and on....I'll be done now! Good luck Ashley! Don't settle for anyone who doesn't treat you like you are the queen of his world. Nate STILL treats me like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I've learned from my husband is that guys (most guys) don't play games. So, I wouldn't read too much into everything they say. However, I haven't dated for over 10 years, so I'm pretty out of the loop! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys! I've realized that I'm really freaking out for no reason (it's been awhile!) And things are fine. He calls me when he says he will and even when I don't expect it. I'm just going to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley you rock and I love you. If he is the one everything will work out. LOVE YA TONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps you should invest in a crystal ball. Or maybe some tarot cards. Possibly visit someone who can read the lines on your hands or who is into all that numerology crap?

    Oh. Hee! Being the cynical victim of one failed marriage (and also the one girlfriend that seems to make all my ex-bf's run off and get married to someone else) makes me the wrong person to ask. :)

    But I concur with the wise advice from above. If it's really a good, solid thing, it will be fun, electric, fantasmical, and uncontrollably happy. It will make you feel like you are the only woman on earth - like he is the butter melting into your toast (I totally just read that line in a book. I'm such a copier!). If you aren't having those symptoms, don't try to make it fit.
    And then go eat some ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen to Lynette's advice.

    And also, don't pray for patience. Pray for endurance.

    ReplyDelete