Thursday, May 1, 2008

Race for the Cure

Well I finally did it. I signed up for the Race for the Cure on Saturday the 10th. I have nine days to mentally prepare myself to go do this. Sure it's only 3.1 miles... but I haven't been a runner in a LONG time. So I'm forcing myself to become one. I'm on the "Bosom Buddies II" team, so if anyone wants to sign up you should! I am going to go buy some new shoes and break them in before the race. The ones I have now don't have enough support and I get shin splints every time I run. And that's a problem! But I'm pretty excited about it, so wish me luck! And a post just wouldn't be a post with out a little Wyatt. So here's my little stud in his hat. He doesn't mind when he hasn't on and will just go along with his business playing. It's so cute!


5 comments:

  1. Dude. YOU CAN TOTALLY DO IT! I envy you. If I didn't have a lame, wonky knee, I'd be there in a heartbeat. One day? One day I WILL RUN. YOU HEAR ME WORLD? ONE DAY I WILL RUNNNNNN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun! My sister ran the St. George marathon last fall and it totally made me want to run. I can do about 4-5 miles and then I totally collapse. Don't think I could do a marathon! (: Oh, and little Wyatt is adorable! I wish my little guy would leave a hat on like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn will hate me for not signing up...

    Can we say CHAD? YIKES...cute lil' man you got there girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ashley for some good doses of U2, you are a champ and an inspiration to all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love and Peace!! MY FAVORITE!!!! Oh, man. I have such a crush. Bono, Larry. All of em.

    Wyatt is cute, wish I could do the 5k with you. Got a milk supply to think about. I'm sure everyone is interested in that bit of info.

    ReplyDelete