Monday, June 25, 2007

decisions decisions...

So...after a few days of being a dog owner. Peter isn't so sure he's able to be the dog owner he should be. Of course buying a dog and having him go everywhere with you, especially to work is almost every guys dream. But....buddy has been a little under the weather, and making him sit in this hot weather almost seems like torture.

Last night on Peter's way back from him girlfriends house, he broke the news to me that he's not sure he can keep buddy. I think right at the moment I wanted to cry. I have spent just about every waking moment this weekend taking care of that dog, trying to get him to eat, getting him used to being outside, giving him his antibiotics... you name it, I was doing that. I'm totally and completely attached, and have had to remind myself NUMEROUS times that as much as I love this dog, he's Peter's responsibility. And I made that perfectly clear to him in not the nicest way on Saturday when he was discussing plans to go out with his girlfriend. Part of me was so mad about it. I mean...yes I have been pretty antisocial lately, and going out hasn't really been my thing. But that doesn't automatically make me the dog sitter. Having a dog is harder then most people would think and Peter is now finding this out... With work and his social life (aka girlfriend, who is young and doesn't understand the responsibility of a dog AT ALL) his time is stretched pretty thin.

Anyway... I told Peter he needs to make a decision today about it. I can't have this dog for a month and then Peter decides he can't do it. He already knows a lady that wants to take him if Peter feels it would be best. So...I'm holding out for his decision. I know some of you will think I'm totally dorky. But it makes me sad. I've wanted a dog for so long and Peter gets the guts to buy one and then he could be gone tomorrow or even today! AH! Whatever happens will be for the best.

15 comments:

  1. Egads. This is a big decision. Tell Peter I am mad at him for doing a "dump and run" with a big-saaaaweeeeeeetie. You are a good big sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's still thinking about it. He knows the lady he would give buddy to if he decides to. I'm not sure he will do it, peter is a total softy and really sad about it. So we will see...cuz I am certainly attached.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who wants the dog? I know you're attached Ash, but I'm glad you're going to let Peter assume responsibility. He needs it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash, I'm sorry I'm not commenting on your blog. You need to change the subject away from the dog. I don't have many nice things to say about animals. And that just gets me into trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Animal hater. Next thing you know she'll be saying she hates babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NEVER!!! I love babies. Even the ugly ones....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camille...if my life consisted of anything other than the dog I'd probably be commenting on that. lol But it doesn't. I'm lame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee! I feel like I am so out of touch this week! I finally got back to your comments, and I am LMAO.

    Kate, you win another cup of soup with the baby comment. Tee hee...tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm ready to collect on these empty soup can promises Lynette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kate - I am back in town. Does tomorrow work for you? You can eat your 14 bowls of soup for lunch tomorrow. :) And if I recall correctly, Ashley won one too, so you betta bring her along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hold on, what gives you the right to be handing out these rewards... I am the one in charge of that, and ashley, that was a pretty funny comment about "nothing else in your life".... I want free soup.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barrilla, if you ever make me throw my head back and cackle, then I will award you some soup too. Until then, better brush up on your commenting skills, because...it's the funny one's that get the reward.

    I get to give the awards because Kate said so. Somewhere. In someone's comments. So take it up with her. :)

    And as an aside...I picked French Onion soup at TGIF's because it's Katelyns fave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does she allow you to call her katelyn? I think if any of us called her that we would get the snot kicked out of us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. tell me about it...

    IT'S KATE!!

    and I have to say Barilla should be awarded some soup for having the most intelligent sounding comments.. isn't that good for something? And since none of us know what he is talking about we don't even know if he is telling the truth! All I know is according to him I don't have to give up diet coke, and that makes him my new best friend! (even though we can't be friends because I don't do country music)

    ramble, ramble, ramble

    Don't I win an award for the most random, rambling comments?? I want some recognition too!

    ReplyDelete