Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ragnar Del Sol 2010


Well we did it! We had such a great time together and a great team! I am so glad that I did this and would do it again in a heart beat. Northwest Passage anyone? Our race was changed a bit due to an accident, but we were able to finish two of our runs. My heart goes out to the family who lost their son and brother. The 18 year old runner was hit by a car on the highway while getting his teammate water and passed away today. I can't imagine what that would be like, but I am grateful that our team was safe. It was a sad night.

This was also the first time that I have left Wyatt. I just bawled the morning that we left and he kept staring at me like what is your dang problem lady. I missed him a bunch.

Here are a few pictures from our adventure in Arizona. Thanks again team for such a great time and for your support. Dang my gimpy leg!


My awesome sisters were a huge support. Love them!
This is on my night run, I really enjoyed it.


Big eyes... again. I think Keith started it. This is after we're all done in Vegas at Keith and Ali's. They were so great to let us stay the night. Us Gibbs girls wouldn't shut up! (Sorry)


Kitten and Ja Rule


Dinner in Kingman, AZ the night before our big day!
Andrea, Me, Kate
Keith, Keri and Carol.


Here's our van again. We had such a blast and never really stopped laughing.
Carol, Andrea, Kate, Me, Keith and Keri.


Big Eyes!
Kate and Me... we're tired.


What the heck is this giant chicken?
Andrea, Keri, Me.


We're all done with our first legs and still smiling!
Andrea, Keri, Me, Keith
Carol and Kate


The drive down!


We were all supposed to do big eyes... but I was struggling with it.
Me, Andrea and Carol.


Again, what a great experience! We missed Amy and Peter and thought it would be so great to have them around. Maybe we can bully Amy into the next one. She doesn't believe we really had fun! I'm grateful that I have a relationship with my siblings, I think it's a special thing to have and they are such a huge support in my life. And this running thing may not be such a bad thing after all...

4 comments:

  1. I still can not believe how much fun it was! Thanks for being part of something I will never forget - Let's do it again! Vegas, October 2010 - Think about it.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Guess who? I am so glad you blogged this. How sad for the poor kid :( I feel so bad for his family!!

    Glad you had fun! Love the pictures!

    Running is FUN!! *Two Thumbs Up*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was amazing and you are a CHAMP! Love your stinking guts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Gibbs girls! What a bunch of Babes! You are my heros.

    ReplyDelete