Sunday, April 1, 2012

Wild hair. Time to remodel!

I don't know about any of you, but I can only search through pinterest and endless blogs before I want to start a project.

Not really knowing where to start and being on a budget I have decided to put a few dream boards together.

A few months back I decided to switch the theme in Wyatt's room from cowboy to sports. And aside from his bedding, it's all still pretty much cowboy. So I started to look for some ideas and remembered seeing a boys bedroom I really loved. (found here)

I love the idea of this room and am using it as my inspiration. Today I went over to home depot, found two great colors and priced out the mdf boards that will be going around the room. Both these colors on the swatches are a lot darker than they look below. I will probably run over to Sherwin Williams and check out their blues and see if there is anything I like more. But for now, it is between these two.

December Eve

Midnight Dream


After showing my sister Kate, she thought it would be cool to have the blue and then a light grey above the boards, which I completely agree.

I also found a super cheap and easy tutorial to update the baseboards in his room, here.

So, there we go. I'm excited to be able to get started and show the progress. Hopefully it turns out as cute as I am picturing it in my head!

1 comment: