Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bedtime with wyatt is my own personal hell. I dread it every night. It is 11:09 and the bedtime attempt started 2 hours ago with the help of my cousin who was here watching Glee. When we first started having this nightly struggle, my cousin suggested these....
... which worked like a charm until about two weeks ago when he figured out how to rip them off. My friend Audrey suggested getting a lock for the door, so I'm going to switch his door knob around so that I can lock it from my side. (Side note to any concerned reader: I would always open his door before I went to bed and intend on doing the same thing in this case.) Somehow magically Wyatt can get through any locked door in our house so I'm a tad bit concerned that he will do the same. But I will attempt it anyway! Heaven help me... He's up again... *tears*

*UPDATE* 11:40 and I think we're in the clear... Understand the personal hell stuff now?

7 comments:

  1. Goodness, Ash! That's tough! I've never had kids, so I don't have any suggestions lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been using those doorknob covers with Cam for almost a year now. Luckily he hasn't figured them out yet. Have you tried duct tape...you could wrap it around the cover so he can't separate it. Sounds harsh, but I just don't want to deal with fighting him at bedtime! Luckily he just plays in his room now until he falls asleep. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stockton is pretty bad too. He is a total night owl. We lock his door from the outside. He even has a little potty in his room in case he has to go. ( : We did the same thing with Anistyn. Works like a charm. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wyatt is one of a kind, that's for sure. I really like the duct tape idea. Except I would use it to tape him in bed.

    ReplyDelete