Thursday, September 11, 2008

Music... cleanses my spirit and frees my soul.

Confession: I love hip hop. Not for the crappy repetitive lyrics, but for the beat. Part of me feels that I was supposed to be a black back up dancer. I envy the girls on "So you think you can dance" and I am in awe of their dance skills. There is something about the beat that gets even the cells in my body jumping. Tonight I danced... all around my house, turned the music up and did my thing. I danced around, laughed at myself and felt totally fine. I think I might do it every night. Some of my favs (not all are hip hop): Justin Timberlake (duh!), Missy Elliot, Eve, Britney Spears, Kevin Rudolf, Keyshia Cole, Rihanna, Ying Yang Twins... among many more. Anything that gets my head bobbing! Some of my favorite memories were making up dances in Linnea's family room to Britney Spears, driving around in Kylie's car blasting and dancing to Britney (see a pattern) or dancing with the girls at the club. We always had so much fun! But life changes, however my not so secret love of dancing and hip hop music will most likely stay the same!


4 comments:

  1. Oh no you ditn't! You go girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've always been a closet Britney fan....her music is really fun! Go Ashley! Does Wyatt dance with you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wyatt missed out on the dancing last night, he was in bed. But this morning before we headed off to work we had a little dance session. He dances all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an image of you dancing around you house stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete