Thursday, October 6, 2011

my warrior angel

This is really sappy. You've been warned.

Wyatt saved my life. I can go into that day, the years prior, the minutes and hours afterward, but this would be a novel one could publish. Or be put on a lifetime movie. So I'll just leave it at that.

Today started out not too shabby. I've been sick; which is weird and doesn't happen THAT often; and I was kind of a baby about it. However, I didn't have a fever last night and woke up feeling pretty okay. Besides the DayQuil that I took causing a few airhead moments, I was fine. Met JG to pick up some work stuff, went to Village Inn once Lizzie (JG's daughter) had her braces off, and cam back home to work and carried on.

Then this afternoon came and dropped the straw; get the reference? I try not to get upset in front of Wyatt but it happens, and he's always very sweet and very careful around me. I don't blame him.


The evening went on, Wyatt played with his friends (great distraction!) , I cried to my mom and I'm still alive. I've been sitting in my room doing a little work and just kind of goofing around. And then my angel came in, squeezed behind me on the chair I was sitting on and started to comb my hair with what I'm assuming is a My Little Pony comb his cousins left here. He made small talk while he combed my hair and told me how pretty I am, so obviously I had to
immediately forgive him for telling me I was chubby earlier. 4 years old, but smart and observant. After a minute of combing my hair he left the room and came back with my tooth brush, tongue scraper thingy and floss. I now understand why he hates me brushing his teeth. Someone else trying to gently brush your teeth is heinous and sends chills down your spine.


So here I guess is where it gets really sappy? I can't think of anything more I'd rather be doing right now. Wyatt is the sweetest, most honest and sincere part of my life. Of course a husband would be nice and it would be nice to not have the dad talk anymore, but I know it will happen when it is supposed too. I am lucky to have Wyatt and know he is with me right now for a reason. He is a special little kid and not only made a huge influence on my life, but of those all around us.

Love you more little warrior.

1 comment:

  1. he is a blessing straight from heaven... and you are the greatest mom ash! keep up the good work, you are loved and supported!

    ReplyDelete