Monday, June 13, 2011

the car saga, part 3

Just when you think it can't get any crazier...

Sunday afternoon/mid-evening I was over at my moms cleaning out the car and getting it ready to stick on ksl and craigslist. My friend (and neighbor) Heather called me up and let me know that 3 state troopers were at my house and wanting to talk to me. So, I left Wyatt with my brother and headed back home. Then I get a text that 4 more showed up, then 2 more showed up. I started to get nervous... I mean, 7 state troopers looking for me? This can't be good. I pull up, get out of my car and immediately have one of the state troopers in my face asking me where my car is, who was just driving my car, and so on. I explain that no one has driven my car since Saturday night and that it is at my moms house because I didn't feel comfortable keeping it at mine. At this point it is quite obvious that they aren't here to let me know they caught whoever stole my car. A second trooper walks up and pulls me away, asks for my drivers license and has me get in the back of his car. Um WTH? I was probably asked 6 times what my mom's address, like I was lying about it? I don't know the reason. Then we were off to my moms, me in the back of the troopers car! He is looking me up on his computer, asking me questions about the whole situation, then asking me MORE questions about everything. He asked the same question 5 different ways to see if my story would stay the same, obviously. And it did. Right before we got to my moms he FINALLY let me know what was going on. It felt like hours at this point when really it was maybe about 20 minutes. He explained that a high speed chase had just taken place in a gold honda with my license plates on it. Um... come again? They needed to make sure that I was not involved, that the car was where I said it was, and that there weren't any signs that it had been driven. So we (me and 5 of my state trooper pals) pull up to my moms house just as my sister and her fam were getting home. The looks on their faces were priceless and at that point they still didn't know I was in the back of the car. He finally gets me out, we walk over to the garage, open it up and he goes "Ya okay, this is not the same vehicle" and I burst into tears. They apologize and all that good stuff. He even offered to give me a ride back home, which was nice, but one ride in the back of a trooper car is good enough for this girl.

I knew this sort of thing happened, but never thought it would ever happen to me. So.. my license plates are still out there. I would assume that they probably have taken them off the car from the chase. It will be interesting to see what else happens and who will come knocking on my door next. Can this week please just be normal? Please bless I can get this honda sold quick and find a new car. I'm completely over it!

1 comment:

  1. Good. Lord. Hopefully SOON you'll be able to wash your hands of the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete