Sunday, December 19, 2010

Little boys say the sweetest things...

The other night Wyatt and I were laying in my bed having some quiet time before bed. He loves to cuddle lately and if I try to get up I basically get put in a choke hold and am told I can't leave.
So we are laying there in silence and here's how the rest of this story goes....

Wyatt: "Hey mommy"
Me: "Yes boog?"
Wyatt: "You are the best"
Me: "Ah, thank you hunny, so are you"
Wyatt: "You make me so happy"

Wyatt is all boy, he loves to wrestle and be rough and sometimes even mistakes me for a punching bag, but in moments like this I am so grateful. Under his tough "manly" 3 year old self, he is such a sweetheart and is so kind. Not a day goes by that he doesn't say something sweet or give me random hugs. And in moments like this, I realize that it all is going to be okay.

3 comments:

  1. He is just too cute for words!! I just adore you BOTH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how I feel about Cameron. He's SO crazy and disobedient...but then he'll go up to Allie and hug her and say, "I love you, Allie." Or he'll hug me and Nate and say, "We have the best family." Just something to, like you said, make me think that he's going to turn out totally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so sweet! I make Stockton tell me he loves me in order to get what he wants. I wish he would say it on his own! ( :

    ReplyDelete